Join our team.
If you enjoy being busy, this is the company for you! Heartland Lawns™ is always looking for great people to join our team. We’d like to talk to you if you have a strong work ethic, strive for excellence & enjoy the outdoors including putting in a lot of foot miles. Give us a call today to inquire about employment opportunities.
Call: (402) 492-8800
Fax: (402) 493-1264
- Job information coming soon!
LAWN TECHNICiaN - CHEMICAL APPLICATOR
- Understand and apply a variety of lawn care products including (but not limited to) fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides.
- Respond to customer’s requests and complaints, making appropriate recommendations
- Ability to find address throughout the city of Omaha and surrounding areas.
- Comply with all Heartland Lawns’ policies and procedures.
- Valid Drivers License
- Clean Driving Record
- No DUI convictions within the last 5 years
- Working knowledge of lawn care products and common lawn problems (including weeds, fungus, and insects).
- Current Nebraska Department of Agriculture Ornamental & Turf Pesticide License or obtain one within 60 days of employment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 lbs repeatedly throughout the day.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Responsible and On-time
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Some overtime and Saturdays required
- $20 to $24 per hour depending upon experience
- Paid overtime
- Comprehensive benefits package
Irrigation Service Technician
Meets with existing customers within a route to perform maintenance and repair of irrigation systems. Makes recommendations to customers on additional products or services and/or identifies a potential problem with diagnosis and remedy. Follows through with customers until all issues are resolved. Works with the Owner / General Manager to optimize production efficiency and ensuring the highest level of customer service. Works with the office staff to effectively service our customers.
- Drives to potential customers’ homes to meet with them for service calls. Builds rapport and delivers the highest level of customer service.
- Responds to customer’s requests and complaints, making appropriate recommendations, and advise customer on how to improve their irrigation systems.
- Demonstrates expertise in installation, maintenance and repair of irrigation systems and related components including irrigation lines, sprinkler heads, controls panels, valves, pumps, etc.
- Optimizes the resources of the company by managing work flow, ensuring you have the tools you need to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Perform seasonal maintenance within a route of irrigation systems for turn ons and blow outs.
- Ability to lead, organize and manage time and co-workers on irrigation projects and other work as needed.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned by management.
- Cross trains in other departments for back-up support.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of irrigation industry and related principles and practices.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials, and methods of irrigation system design, installation and maintenance
- Ability to operate equipment such as trenching machines and digging tools and other related grounds/landscape equipment.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to motivate, guide, and direct others to produce expected outcomes.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks.
- Possess talent and personal traits, including the following: Conflict Management / Customer Focus / Results Orientation / Leading Others / Accountability for Others / Goal Achievement / Teamwork / Integrity
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Two (2) years irrigation installation and maintenance experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to illustrate a proven track record in the business field.
- Salary: $45,000 to $60,000 per year based on experience
- Benefits: Health Insurance (Heartland Lawns covers 50% of the employee’s insurance premiums)
- Dental Insurance (Heartland Lawns covers 50% of the employee’s insurance premiums)
- Vision Insurance ( Heartland Lawns covers 50% of the employee’s insurance premiums)
- Life Insurance ($30,000 at no cost to employee)
- Short Term Disability (no cost to employee)
- Retirement Benefits – 401(K) Up to 4% Maximum Company Match
- Vacation: Paid 2 weeks taken between Christmas and New Years and Paid Holidays